Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is CBD?
CBD helps dogs and cats by interacting with neural networks.
CBD, short for cannabidiol, is a compound from the cannabis plant. It's a naturally occurring substance that's used in products like oils and edibles. Unlike its cousin tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), it's not psychoactive. CBD oil is derived from the cannabis plant. There are different ways to extract oil from the plant, some of which remove all the THC content. THC is the substance in marijuana that brings the feeling of “high.”
- How Does CBD Affect Dogs?
CBD helps dogs by interacting with the Endocannabinoid receptors located in the central and peripheral nervous systems. The ECS helps maintain balance in the body and keep it in a normal healthy state.
- Does CBD get my dog high?
No! The great thing about CBD is that is a unique compound meaning there is nothing else in it. CBD contains less than .03% THC which is the compound found in medical marijuana that gives you the psychoactive effects. CBD extracted from the hemp plant will always have these trace amounts of THC but because they are so little it has no harmful effects for your dog.
- What is the Endocannabinoid System (ECS)?
All mammals have an Endocannabinoid System (ECS) that helps the body maintain a healthy biological balance. This means our bodies, as well as our pets, are producing cannabinoids on its own. Mother Nature in her infinite wisdom created a plant with an abundance of these same compounds that we can extract from our Organic Hemp. This system acts on many peripheral systems within the body that regulates mood, appetite, pain management, digestion, and much more in the area of research is on the horizon for it’s chemical function in the body.
CBD helps dogs by interacting with the ECS and making up for cannabinoid deficiencies.
- What does BARKSY CBD help with?
CBD can help dogs and cats in many ways. These benefits could include:
- Arthritis and joint pain.
- Stress and aggressive behaviors.
- Digestive problems.
- Skin conditions and irritations including allergies.
- Chronic conditions.
- How should I give my dog CBD?
Spray directly on your dogs food, administer orally or on a treat. CBD helps dogs the most with regular, or daily usage.
- How much BARKSY CBD should I give my dog?
Small (Under 15lbs): 1-2 sprays per day
Medium (15-40lbs): 2-3 sprays per day
Large (40-75lbs): 3-4 sprays per day
X-Large (75+lbs): 4+ sprays per day
- What is in your ingredients?
Non-Flavored: Sunflower Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Hemp Extract and Chamomile
Favored: Sunflower Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Hemp Extract, Chamomile and Peanut Butter flavoring
Sunflower Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Hemp Extract and Turmeric
- Why did you use those ingredients?CBD helps dogs and cats more effectively with the aid of other natural ingredients.Sunflower Oil for healthy skin, immune function, heart health, providing energy, preserving normal organ function. The biggest reason humans chose this supplement is because it often increases coat sheen.Flaxseed oil is used to reduced inflammation, arthritis treatment, healthy coat, and allergy relief.. Flax Seed oil contains higher levels of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) than fish oil, and also contains omega-6 fatty acids.Chamomile for its calming effects. Chamomile is a veterinary-approved ingredient that has been used for centuries, which contains chemicals that aid in relaxing smooth muscles.
- Where is your CBD sourced from?
BARKSY CBD hemp oil is derived from our joint-venture farm in Colorado.
- What is Full Spectrum?
The cannabis plant contains hundreds of different phytochemicals including cannabinoids, terpenes, and other compounds. Full spectrum CBD or hemp oil generally refers to products that not only contain CBD but contain the other plant molecules as well. This version of CBD oil is minimally refined, leaving most of the cannabinoids and terpenes intact and in the oil.
Full spectrum, sometimes also called “whole plant,” means the full plant extract is included. Full spectrum provides more of the plant’s molecules in ratios and amounts that nature intended.
- What is your Return and Refund Policy?
If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may request a full refund on the purchase price within 30 days. Customer is responsible for return shipping.
- Do you have a secure payment processor?
We are a certified Square partner.
- How Can CBD Help Your Dog or Cat?
Panting, pacing, whimpering, hiding, sudden bouts of aggression, trembling, loss of appetite, trouble sleeping, accidents in the home despite training.
Scientists discovered CBD can moderate the impulses which increase excitement and tension in animals. It also boosts serotonin, resulting in a calming effect.
Stiffness in the joints, swelling, redness of the skin, chronic pain.
CBD interacts with the receptors responsible for inflammation and reduces their effectiveness in order to treat inflammation. It once again alleviates pain.
Pain is caused by many different things but often means your dog is struggling to do basic activities like running, walking, climbing stairs or playing.
Scientific and veterinary studies show CBD enhances the signaling of the neurotransmitter anandamide. Anandamide has been shown to reduce pain in both humans and animals.